I get asked to evaluate blogs a lot, either privately or for members of my various training programs. In this episode, I’m going to share some of the key things I look for in determining whether a blog is laid out well for grabbing attention, holding attention, converting visitors into readers, getting people onto an email list, and much more.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The #1 priority of your blog
- The mental state most people arrive on your blog in (and how this impacts how you must do things)
- 4 of the big “no-no”‘s I see people doing with their blog homepages
- The true purpose of your blog’s byline and why you MUST get it right.
- Why you should AVOID most of the built-in sidebar widgets in WordPress.
- How many people screw up their blog’s navigation menu.
- How most bloggers totally screw up their about page.
- And a lot more.
Resources Mention In This Episode:
And, as promised…
I hope you enjoy this episode.
If you found it valuable (or any of the last 3 episodes), I’d truly appreciate it if you take a moment to subscribe to the show in iTunes and rate/review it inside of iTunes. It’d really help me out.
Thanks for listening!
To get automatic updates of this show to your mobile device, you can subscribe here: