Blogworld. A lot of people know that this is a conference I recommend to all of my readers.
Well, this year is a little bit different.
First, instead of happening only once in Las Vegas, this year there are now TWO Blogworlds – one in New York City next month, and the other in Los Angeles in November.
Secondly, your’s truly is the the track organizer this year for the monetization track. So, now, you definitely need to come
The Monetization Track
Even though we had pretty short notice this year to put together a killer track, it looks like we’ve got an awesome one lined up. The monetization track is going to cover everybody from the new bloggers all the way to more advanced marketers.
Here’s what we got so far:
- How To Make Real Money From Your Blog – this will be a panel of “mom bloggers” who know their stuff. Jennifer James, Heather Solos, Janice Croze and Wendy Piersall.
- How To Turn Your Blogging Passion Into a 6-Figure Business with Webinars. By my friend, Lewis Howes…. you’re not going to want to miss this one. Trust me on that. Even if it never occurred to you to do a webinar before, you’re going to want to be at this session. His approach is the difference between hobby income and full-time income.
- Why This 50 Year Old Technology is the Hidden Profit Center Of Your Blog. By Nathalie Lussier… the question is…. what could it be? Are we racing full-steam into the likes of social media, while forgetting the basics?
- Monetizing Your blog Beyond the Banner Ads. Ahh…. a session title which warms the cockles of my heart. This will be a panel session with Zac Johnson, John Chow and Syed Balkhi…. AND…. moderated my me. Booyah.
- Tapping Technology To Build A Digital Enterprise. By Jonathan Fields… this one looks like it’ll be awesome – especially since Blogworld will be side-by-side with a book convention this year and Jonathan is a successful author.
- How To Passionately Pitch – Without POing your People. Love the title. My friend, Erica Douglass, will be diving straight into a common fear of bloggers – coming off as hypey and alienating your audience. Erica is quite the successful entrepreneur and blogger. You’re not going to want to miss this one.
- The Role Bloggers Play in Retail Purchasing Decisions and How That Equals Blogging Profits. My buddy, Robb Sutton, is going to show a different angle to monetization – product reviews and recommendations. Bloggers are opinion leaders out there, and once you have yourself in that position, you can cash in on it. Robb makes a living doing it, so this is definitely one you’ll want to listen to.
- How To Build, Grow and Monetize Your Own Blogging Empire. Shane Ketterman is going to be doing a real training session here on how he went from zero to 11,000 uniques per day on his blog, and how he started making a living full-time from it in the process. Nice.
To view the track, click here. You can also click on “Full Schedule” in order to view all the other tracks.
Oh, and stay tuned, because there’s likely going to be 1 or 2 more additions to my track. One of them from a guy who spoke last year and had one of the best reviewed sessions of the entire show. So, stay tuned.
So, Are You Coming?
I think everybody should attend at LEAST one industry conference per year. It just so happens that, for what we do, Blogworld is the best game in town.
I know cost is an issue. The conference itself has a fee, but you also need to deal with hotel/flight. And rooms in Manhattan aren’t exactly cheap. But, consider this…
The ones who ultimately find success in this business are the ones with skin in the game… the ones who are willing to do the things most others are not. You’re going to find it much more difficult to get ahead in this business if you stay in the confines of your home and never get face time with the movers and shakers in the field.
So, it is worth it to come. Just make a point to get full value from the conference, leave your shy-card at the entrance and talk to people, and make a point to sit down and APPLY what you learn when you get back home.
Blogworld East is taking place May 24-26 in New York City. I’ll be there and I look forward to meeting you. I think my wife is even coming.
… and while they have an affiliate program, I’m not going to use it. I just think you should go. That’s all.
P.S. Ah, snap! Just looked at their site and got reminded that Gary Vaynerchuk is keynoting. Nice! If you’ve never seen Gary speak, you’re in for a treat.