In this line of work, I see a lot of things. We all do. And some of those things are annoying.
So, I’m going to spill 10 gripes of mine when it comes to social media and blogging. You know, just to get it off my chest.
- Calling yourself a social media expert is like saying you’re an expert in talking. It is just human interaction like we’ve been doing since we rubbed two sticks together and made fire. I know “social media” is a buzzword these days, but let’s just be honest here, shall we?
- Foursquare? Mafia Wars? I could not possibly give less of a sh*t.
- People who tweet quotes all day bug me. It tells me you cannot come up with an original thought on your own.
- I always get a little chuckle when I get an invite on Facebook to be a fan of the person who just invited me. OK, I understand why they’re doing it, but you gotta admit, it is ironic.
- Facebook. Your interface is frickin UNGODLY. Were you spiked on weed when you thought up that interface? Why does stuff have to be so hard to find?
- The people who fail to find value in Twitter are the ones who are socially inept in real life. Twitter is a platform. If you have nothing to offer on that platform, you’re hosed. You’re the problem, so stop saying that Twitter has jumped the shark. It hasn’t.
- People who declare email dead or blogging dead are idiots. We go through this circular wave of people declaring various things dead. Lately, its been blogging and email. Yeah, right. It is a shallow ploy for attention. Or perhaps trying to explain failure.
- To those bloggers who think that there is something wrong with making money as a blogger, that blogging is pure and that you are sacrificing your honesty to violate this pure medium with financial aims – bullshit.
- People who think there is a difference between a blog and a website just crack me up.
- People who say they don’t have time to tweet really don’t get it. How long does it take to type 140 characters? I mean, seriously.
So, do you agree with this? Disagree?