See the update at the bottom of this post!
Finally! This is the first session of The Blog Program – a brand new podcast with your’s truly.
You can listen to it right here on the blog, or download it to your computer or MP3 player. I’m in the process of getting it set up in iTunes. Once that is up and in place, I’ll be sure to let you guys know (of course).
This podcast is something that I’ve been thinking of doing for awhile. I went back and forth on it, but finally decided to make 2012 the year I make it happen. Of course, one of the people who was helpful in putting me over the edge on this was my friend, Pat Flynn. His SPI podcast has done very well. Pat also helped me in private with a few recommendations behind the scenes, so… Pat, thanks dude.
Which brings us to Episode #1. This episode includes:
- A short introduction to the show.
- A little bit about me (mainly for people who find me on the podcast and haven’t been a reader for awhile).
- The step-by-step blog launch plan (I cover a LOT of info in this overview… much of it stuff I will get into more detail on in later episodes)
- A few words about what’s coming with this podcast
A Few Notes On The Path Forward
Podcasting is pretty much a totally new thing for me. So, I full expect to get better at it over time. A few notes:
- The audio on this episode was pretty decent, but it was recorded on a headset mic. I am intending to equip myself with the Heil PR40 and really make sure the audio is great – especially for people who listen to me in headphones and can hear every little audio imperfection. I’ll be getting all this stuff set up soon.
- The format of the show is a big experiment. The layout of it might change. Plus, I’m fully expecting to have guests on the show from time to time as well.
- The title – The Blog Program – wasn’t accidental. It happened to work out really well for a podcast. But, the word “program” also refers to a step-by-step approach to executing something. And, that’s certainly a huge component to what I have in mind with this podcast. Because one of the BIG things bloggers pine for is CLARITY and STEP-BY-STEP guidance. So, I’m hoping that my podcast (and I have some ideas on extending this beyond the podcast) will be that clarity… and provide some order to all the information and noise out there.
Update: Just Approved In iTunes
Just about an hour ago, the podcast got approved for iTunes. It isn’t listed in the public listings quite yet… and they tell me it might take a day or two to appear in the search listings in iTunes.
But… if you’re interested, click here for the direct listing. And, of course, I’d REALLY appreciate your review inside of iTunes. It helps me in a number of ways. Thanks!