Bloggers often get hung up on the smallest things. Many times, things they probably shouldn’t even be doing anyway.
In this episode, I bring on a good friend, Chris Ducker from Virtual Business Lifestyle. Chris is an expert on outsourcing to the Philippines.
We break down all the in’s and out’s of outsourcing, how it works, what you can have them do, how to find them, what to pay them – etc. You don’t have to do everything yourself… and having somebody to help you is much easier than you may have realized.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- What kinds of things a blogger could have a VA do for them.
- What NOT to have your VA do for you.
- How to avoid pitfalls and growing pains with your first VA.
- How to actually find and hire a VA in the Phillipines.
- How to deal with concerns about whether a full-time person is overkill for you.
- How to go about training your VA on how you want things done.
- Cultural traits of people in the Phillipines, and how it compares to other countries.
- What to pay them.
And this time, we’ve got a transcript! I want to thank Chris, in fact, for it. He had one of his people do the transcript for me – which I thought was quite fitting, given the topic.
Lastly, I’d like to refer you to – and wholeheartedly recommend – Chris’s Virtual Staff Finder service. I worked with them some time ago to find a VA. It was a great experience. They do a lot of legwork for you, and it was a pleasure working with Stephanie (the lady who worked with me through the process).
If you want to find a VA inside the Philippines, let the people with the on-the-ground connections inside the country do the legwork for you. It saves a ton of guesswork and legwork when you compare it to trying to do it yourself. The service is more than worth it.
Lastly, I’d truly appreciate it if you take a moment to subscribe to the show in iTunes and rate/review it inside of iTunes. It’d really help me out. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open up iTunes.
- Search for “the blog program” podcast.
- When you’re ready, give the show a star rating and write a short review.
Thanks for listening!
To get automatic updates of this show to your mobile device, you can subscribe here: