I missed another week of the “weekly roundup” last week, so we’re going to double down this week. Let’s dive right in…
First, from the homefront:
- Advice From Millionaires on Blogging. This guest post by Jaime Tardy gives a great perspective from 7-figure earners on blogging and the mindset that lends itself to successful blogging.
- 15 Productivity Tips For Bloggers. This is episode #3 of The Blog Program. Got some great feedback from this one, too. It also applies to anybody, not just bloggers.
- Why Members Don’t Necessarily Need More Content. A case study from my own tech blog.
- The Changing Landscape of Email Marketing
Webinar with Clay Collins – Saturday, 3/24
I’ve been inviting my subscribers all week to attend this webinar, and so far, the registration numbers for this call are among the highest of any webinar I’ve done. Really, really cool. If you’d like to:
- Learn how to make money from your product before it exists (and why you SHOULD do it this way)
- Learn how to get paid to do market research
- Learn via some real-world case studies (which have NOTHING to do with “make money online”)
- Learn how to remove all the doubt about what kind of product you should create, or whether your audience would buy what you’re making
… then RSVP for this webinar with Clay Collins and I for Saturday, 3/24. This is a live webinar, and I will not be posting a public recording on this blog… so, if you want to be in on this information, just be sure to RSVP.
Workshop On New (More Advanced) Email Marketing Strategy
I announced this quickly this week, but I’m doing an updated training workshop for students of Master Your List. In this workshop, I’m going to be going over some more recent email marketing strategies that I’ve begun employing in my own business recently.
This is some cool stuff… some of which I’m in the process of putting together. You may have noticed little things (if you’re on my list), but you may not know WHY I’m doing it. I’ll be sharing all of this on this workshop.
It is on Wednesday, next week… and to attend, you either need to have already enrolled in Master Your List, or do so before we begin the call next week.
Blogworld – New York City
I already mentioned that I’m both the track leader for monetization – AND speaking in New York myself. Well, I thought I’d share some of the sessions on my track with you, as they’ve been released by Blogworld.
- Missy Ward - “Make Money With Your Blog Using Affiliate Marketing”. Missy would know, too. She’s a full-time affiliate marketer and co-founder of the Affiliate Summit conference.
- Pat Flynn - “Affiliate Marketing the SMART Way: Stop Hoping And Start Earning”. He’s gonna rock it.
- David Risley - “Blog Monetization Overview: What are Your Options To Make Money With A Blog?”. Well, of course, baby!
- Russ Henneberry - “Defuse The Time Bomb: How To Generate Income From Your Blog When Time is Running Out”. This should be interesting. Want to make blog income in a hurry? Be there.
- Scott Fox, Lou Mongello - “Making Money From Your Favorite Niche Market”
- Stu McLaren - “8 Proven Membership Models: How To Quickly Go From Sporadic Sales To Recurring Revenue”. Stu, the co-founder of Wishlist Member, will be covering a topic near and dear to my heart.
There are some others confirmed (but not yet on the official schedule). So, I’ll hold out until Blogworld makes it official.
The Rest Of It
OK, now after all of those “happenings”, let’s go into some of the cool stuff I’ve found from around the web in the last couple weeks:
Blogging Continues to Grow
In the “no shit, Sherlock” department, I just wanted to share this one for all those corny “blogging is dead, Google+ is where’s its at” people. Take a Tylenol, check out the stats, and call me in the morning.
The 7 Biggest Lies About Blogging
Great post on the Blogworld blog that will put a dagger through some of those myths that circulate about blogging these days.
The Brilliant Content Strategy Everyone Gets Wrong
That strategy is reusing content, or leveraging past content. There are right and wrong ways to do it, and James from Men With Pens lays it out in this post on ProBlogger.
The 10 Commandments of Landing Pages That Work
Copyblogger headlines are fun. Take two completely separate topics and relate the into a headline which makes you go, “Whah?”. But, great post about landing pages. Take it to heart.
How to Get Bloggers to Reply to Your Comments
Ever commented on a blog with the hopes to build a conversation with the blogger him/herself? If so, check out this post.
How to Write Tweets that Instantly Lead to More Traffic
Some things work better than others on Twitter. Know them and use them.
Timeline for Facebook Pages: THE COMPLETE GUIDE
In typical “Pat Flynn” style, Pat released a big guide on the new changes to Facebook pages that are launching officially in about a week.
Revealed: Behind the Scenes of My Premium Product Launch
Glen (from ViperChill) on lessons learned from his recent launch of OptinSkin.
OK, have a great weekend, and hope to see you on the call tomorrow with Clay Collins.