Account signup process for the Lab using BuddyBoss
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by David Risley.
It’s great to see the Lab site built using BuddyBoss. I’ve got a question about how the account signup process works under the hood.
I understand WP Fusion can sync WordPress user data to a CRM (e.g. Drip), or sync profile data from BuddyBoss to a CRM.
And for BuddyBoss, I think you need Email, Password, and Nickname at a minimum to create a new profile. The Nickname is used to build the URL for the profile page, so no special characters like ‘@’ allowed.
On the Lab signup page, it looks as if you’re only collecting Name and Email on a form. With only these 2 pieces of data collected on a form, how do you create a new WordPress user (including password) sync’ed to a new BuddyBoss profile, and sync both of these with a CRM?
Any light you can shed on the details of how your process works under the hood would be super helpful. Thanks!
February 3, 2021 at 12:14 am #3525321
WPFusion takes care of it… in combo with my CRM (Drip). Essentially, works like this for a free member signup:
- Person signs up via a ConvertBox form, which sends them into Drip.
- That triggers a workflow automation that sends welcome email, adds tags… but also sends a push notification to WP Fusion.
- WPFusion intercepts that push notification and creates the user profile, complete with auto-generated password. Nickname is also auto-generated based on person’s email, then they can modify it if they please in their profile.
- WPF then syncs the password back to my CRM in order to enable the one-time emailing of their password to them.
If a person buys a PRO membership, then they go through ThriveCart. But, it is the same basic idea. The key to creating the profile is that push notification from Drip.
Got it, thanks. This is useful info. The push notification to WP Fusion sounds like the important step.
One thing I’m still a little unclear on is how the BuddyBoss (BB) member profile URL is generated. Usually, the URL is formed using the BB Nickname – but if the BB Nickname is autogenerated from the person’s email, which contains the ‘@’ symbol, then you would get a malformed URL.
Hence, do you instead have to generate the BB member profile URL from the Name field data in the ConvertBox form? If the Name (BB member profile URL) already exists, then does WP Fusion automatically handle this for you by appending a number to the Name field data to make it unique?
February 3, 2021 at 12:14 am #3525333
WordPress automatically sanitizes the nickname so that it is URL friendly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.