Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Amazon Affiliate Links and Ad Blockers

David Risley updated 8 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Dan Pike

March 24, 2021 at 3:08 pm

I started playing around with adding Amazon Affiliate links with product recommendations on some blog posts. Anytime I access the blog from a device with a pop-up blocker I see that the entire Amazon product image/link is entirely removed. What are some ways to prevent these from disappearing for people with ad blockers?

• David Risley

Administrator
    March 26, 2021 at 11:35 am

Most likely, it is HOW you are including those things on your site that’s the problem. If you just manually add affiliate links to your blog post (in the content), nothing will be blocked. However, if you embed Amazon ads, it will be blocked.

Your best performance on this kind of thing is going to be by creating helpful content where your affiliate link naturally works into the content. But, if you’re embedding ads on a global basis on your posts, it doesn’t perform very well anyway.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.