Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Backing up wordpress locally

David Risley updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Ricardom Vasquez

October 13, 2021 at 4:32 pm

I just got off with tech support at siteground. Turns out they don’t keep backups past 30 days. So, I lost all my sites data.

Wondering if there is a workaround on this? I have no clue if I’ve ever backed up my site locally nor do I even know how to do that.

This really sucks.

• David Risley

Administrator
    October 13, 2021 at 6:27 pm

What happened? Did it take 30 days for you to notice an issue?

There’s no workaround for hosting-based backups. They just do what they do. The only alternative would be for you to also run your own backup, but finding that out now might not do you much good.

• Ricardom Vasquez

October 14, 2021 at 8:19 pm

It’s a long story but I lost what was there. 🙁

So for future reference, I’ll back up locally aswell. Any solutions you recommend or best practices?

Ricardo

• David Risley

Administrator
      October 15, 2021 at 7:13 am

I’ve found that UpdraftPlus works pretty well. And have it drop your backups into a remote storage such as Dropbox. Then, it all just happens automatically and you’re not reliant on your host.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.