Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Cloudways Malware Removal

David Risley updated 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Jason Morrell

April 14, 2021 at 1:05 am

What do you use to monitor your site(s) on Cloudways for DDOS attacks and for detecting & removing malware etc. Cheers.

• David Risley

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 8:39 am

Nothing. 🙂 It hasn’t been an issue. I’ve never run any security plug-ins in all the years I’ve been online because they generally cause more problems than they solve. Most people are trying to prevent something that is extremely unlikely to happen as long as you keep software updated and don’t use a crappy web host.

• Jason Morrell

April 14, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Interesting. I have never had an issue either but my host has always run a site scanner and malware removal, so I’ve had that peace of mind. If I was ever hacked via script insertions, backdoors etc. I wouldn’t know where to start looking! I used to run the WordFence plugin but it caused no end of conflicts, in line with what you said. I appreciate your input. I have a month remaining on my Siteground hosting and I’m tossing up between moving to WPX (for convenience) or Cloudways (for speed).

• David Risley

Administrator
      April 15, 2021 at 9:28 am

Either company is good. WPX has better support, I think. But, I really hate their interface. Really don’t know what they were thinking with that whole UI and branding change they did.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.