Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Collect addresses – yes or no?

• dhmailbluewin-ch

February 3, 2021 at 5:34 am

Hello David

I just read your blog article: https://www.blogmarketingacademy.com/membership-site-importance/

Very interesting and helpful. Most of it, I already do.

What I just was wondering is a thing about collecting post addresses.

Sometime ago I deactivated the form for post addresses on my checkout page. Just to make it easier to get through the checkout process.

But let’s say, we gonna have a really serious virus in the internet, and internet is shut down for several days/weeks or something like that. In this case, it would be a real advantage to have as well post addresses of my customers. So I could still reach out to them.

<div>What do you think about that?</div><div>

Do you recommend to collect post addresses on a checkout page as well or not?

Thanks for your reply.
    Daniel

</div>

• David Risley

Administrator
    February 3, 2021 at 7:56 am

I would only collect addresses if you intend to ship them something. Otherwise, no.

The point I was making in that post was simply not to be overly reliant on big tech companies without having a backup. But, I’m not one that takes this so far as to plan for a worldwide internet outage. For one, that’s very unlikely to ever happen. Secondly, if it does, we’re all going to have other things to think about than mailing our customers letters. 😉

• dhmailbluewin-ch

February 4, 2021 at 5:02 am

Thanks David for your reply!

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.