Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• ConvertBox with Aweber

David Risley updated 7 months ago 2 Members · 6 Posts
  • Chris Chippendale

March 20, 2021 at 11:21 am

Just started exploring ConvertBox and it’s integration with Aweber – am I right in thinking that it can add / remove people from a list with, but can’t tag them? Seems like that would really limit it’s functionality – I’d love to be able to tag someone automatically when they sign up through a certina form (e.g lead magnet page vs product advert)

• David Risley

Administrator
    March 20, 2021 at 2:55 pm

Yeah, I believe you’re right about that limitation. More than likely, it is an Aweber limitation. Aweber is rather behind the times, frankly, in the world of CRMs. And if they don’t make tags easily accessible via their API, then a tool can’t use it. I don’t know if this is indeed the case, but I would imagine that if Aweber had the data sitting right there in the API, ConvertBox would use.it.

ConvertKit tends to be my main recommendation these days, unless people need to step up to a full automation platform. ConvertKit is just better. More modern functionality.

• Chris Chippendale

March 21, 2021 at 4:48 am

Thanks David – is that the ConvertBox alternative to Aweber?

• David Risley

Administrator
      March 21, 2021 at 7:56 am

No, ConvertKit is a whole different company. Another one of the major email hosting providers. Just… more modern than Aweber in some ways. Aweber was one of the first email companies. And they’re good. I just think they’ve. been surpassed.

• Chris Chippendale

March 21, 2021 at 6:36 am

Also, I’m designing a Redwood page and have a corresponding PDF lead magnet as my CTA. With ConvertBox, I can create a box that asks them to sign up to the email list, and then provides them with a link to download the guide.

However, this means they get the guide without confirming their subscription – so they might never end up on my list, and have no incentive to confirm. I’m thinking it would be better for them to get a welcome email that includes a download link for the lead magnet, that’s only sent to people who sign up through specific forms. Is that doable with Aweber and ConvertBox?

• David Risley

Administrator
      March 21, 2021 at 7:59 am

I’ve never personally tested Aweber with ConvertBox, but if indeed the only option you have is to add/remove people from lists, then the only option you would have is to put them on a separate list for that form and then use the autoresponder for that list to send them their lead magnet. You can always use Automation Rules in Aweber to also put them on your main list. It’s a little messy, but it’d work. Best bet might be to get into the ConvertBox Facebook group and ask folks. While I know ConvertBox really well, I haven’t used it in conjunction with every email provider so don’t know every limitation with each one. Sounds like Aweber is a little limited, perhaps.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.