Academy Member Forum

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Credits System

Posted by John Vaughan on November 22, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Hi folks,

We are considering using a Credits system on our BuddyBoss site. Users would pay a monthly subscription in USD to buy a set of credits that would then expire a month later. They then consume those Credits through LearnDash courses, Webinars, One-on-One calls, etc. Essentially there would be a menu that has a Credit value on each item, then when they start an activity, the Credits would be deducted.

Can anyone please recommend a plugin that will do this?

Thanks

John

David Risley replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Risley

Administrator
    November 23, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Interesting idea. I haven’t seen anything off-hand that does this, but I could perhaps point you into a direction to look…

WooCommerce has an add-on to allow people to shop with points.

Gamipress is also a robust option to have a point system. Might even be a better option, since I’m sure there’s a way that you could employ some automation so that as each recurring monthly payment is done via your existing cart, it adds points to their account.

• Yusuf Mahomedy

November 25, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Gamipress Purchases plugin allow one to purchase points. With the Gamipress Woocommerce payments, then purchase products like courses and pay with those points.

• John Vaughan

November 28, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Thanks @david and @worksuckworksucks-co-za . We are going down the GamiPress and Woo route. @david, do you know if we can use Woo for both buying Credits via subscription and consuming Credits on the site? I ask cos we actually purchased ThriveCart, but are having second thoughts. Cheers. John

• David Risley

Administrator
    December 2, 2020 at 5:09 pm

With the right coding, probably. I don’t have a ton of personal experience with Woo, so not sure. ThriveCart is a great cart, and you can sell your credits with it. But, it isn’t going to be any help with using credits to buy something.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.