Questions & Answers Forum

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Members Only Community

With your free membership, you’ll be able to post questions and replies in the forums.

• Posted by Rob Cornish on August 19, 2020 at 6:42 am

Hi David,

I’m finding the content here at BMA super helpful so thanks again for all the work you put in.

Just a thought for future content; not sure if this is your thing but I thought I’d put it up here anyway.

Would you consider doing a 20-30 minute beginners tutorial in CSS? Perhaps as a short segment in Office Hours or somewhere else.

I’ve used so many theme and plugin custom CSS “hacks” over the years which is great but I have zero understanding of how they function.

It would be very helpful to have some basic insights on how CSS works and in particular how to construct them to do a specific job.

For example, if I want to change the color of a widget somewhere how do I find the the right classes to do that and how do I write the code?

Many thanks,

Rob.

Rob Cornish replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Risley

Administrator
    August 19, 2020 at 8:52 am

Good suggestion. It can be a big topic, that’s the issue. CSS is almost like a language in and of itself. But, I guess I could talk about the most common things… then defer to outside content if you want a deeper dive. Certainly, when you’re running your own site, knowing some CSS basics can come in handy.

• Rob Cornish

August 20, 2020 at 8:25 am

Sounds perfect David, thank you. Just the basics and any quick tricks or hacks (if there are any) would be excellent!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now