Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Facebook Groups vs Community Forum

• Jorge Gasca

May 27, 2020 at 6:09 am

Hi All,

I’m super excited about this new Forum, @Dave it looks great 🙂

Question, I know this is big debate everywhere I look. But I would like an opinion, if you were to sign up to a mentoring/coaching program with it being all content on a membership site.

Where would you prefer to have the community element:

– Facebook Group?

– Community forum on private members area?

Thanks for your input!

Jorge

• David Risley

Administrator
    May 27, 2020 at 7:27 am

Well, usually a mentoring or coaching type of thing is more close-knit, more personal. So, I would think interaction would be in a more private location.

But, even for a more broad-based membership, I’m (obviously) more of a fan of an in-house forum. Facebook is great because of how accessible it is, but it is a very distracting place.

You can also do both. Give people options.

• Jorge Gasca

May 27, 2020 at 8:06 am

Cool, thanks.

Great idea on doing both, why not 🙂

But yeah I’m inclined for the private forum just because I want it to be personal so is their information in one place.

I guess Facebook could have a more ‘social’ place.

Thanks for the answer

• Chris Gallagher

June 1, 2020 at 8:10 pm

I am considering this same option on one of my sites. What forum software to you recommend?

• David Risley

Administrator
    June 2, 2020 at 7:44 am

Depends on your goals. This setup you see here in the LAB now is based on BuddyBoss. But, depending on what you have in mind, you may need to go with a full-on forum package.

What are you trying to build?

• Chris Gallagher

June 25, 2020 at 8:01 pm

David,

I run a couple different blogs and I am planning to kick them up again soon. I wanted to create a space of discussion to get a little more in-depth on the topics and/or products.

I will be using newsletter to drive traffic as well.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.