Questions & Answers Forum

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Going with your “passion” niche vs. what seems most practical

Posted by gowri on November 20, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Hi David, I just stumbled on your blog a couple hours ago and here I am, down the rabbit hole. It’s so informative, and I really like how truthful, trustworthy, and authentic you come across.

**Posting a question here (is it really you who responds? How do you make time for that? 🙂 ***

I’m trying to decide between two ideas, a gluten-free vegan site (it could be recipes, or perhaps subscription weekly menu planning, how to transition to Celiac video course, endless ideas) OR something about personal/spiritual development. I know, I know, I read your personal dev. blog post (it’s how I found you!), and your takeaway is to be specific. The thing is: I feel much more “charge” about the latter… like there’s really something there, but all the advice points to the former. (I have professional and personal experience with Celiac, diets, medical research, etc.)

Should I just pick the latter and “try it” and hope the ideas (membership sites, courses, etc.) are revealed to me by my audience? Thank you for your insight!

David Risley replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David Risley

Administrator
    November 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

It is really me. 😉

As you guessed, your first idea seems much more concrete to me. And as I have said before, one’s passion for something isn’t really what makes it work.

So, the “trick” here is to see how you can take your interest in personal development and re-frame it into the context of something more specific and concrete, aimed at a solution people will actually be looking for.

Just an idea, what could you combine them in a creative way? Perhaps helping people with celiac conquer some of the mental aspects of it?

• gowri

November 23, 2020 at 4:39 pm

For sure. Still working on that part—the creative niching down, the specificity. I think I have to get started first, and *then* see what ideas work and what doesn’t, hopefully informed by insights from my audience. Thank you again!

• David Risley

Administrator
    December 2, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Sounds good. Too often, people get stuck in analysis and they never actually move forward. It is always better to take action – even if it proves to not been right – than to sit there and never do anything worrying about whether it is right or not.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.