Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Google Analytics is tracking my site but stats have flatlined

David Risley updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Posts
  • Rob Dyer

June 16, 2020 at 12:44 pm

At the start of June my traffic was looking as usual, but since 6th June, looking at the All Website Data, All Pages chart my numbers have flatlined and I suspect this is wrong.

According to the chart today, for example (16th June), my site has had 0 visitors.

This is definitely not the case, as my weekly subscriber email went out today and this has resulted in site visits with several new comments left.

On my GA Home it says in the last week:

Users: 6 (down 98%
    Sessions: 14 (down 96%)
    Bounce: 92.86%
    Session Duration: 0m 01s !

Any ideas as to what’s happening here?? (I looked at the Google help, but cannot find the likely cause.)

• David Risley

Administrator
    June 16, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Looks to me like your GA tracking code disappeared. I don’t see it on your site. Maybe when you switched to Thrive Theme Builder?

Just re-install the code. On the Thrive Dashboard, you can set it up in the Analytics & Settings screen.

• Rob Dyer

June 16, 2020 at 7:04 pm

Hi David – thanks for the suggestion.

But my switch to TTB predates this by over a month. It’s only in the last week that my stats have started dropping and then 0 today.

That section in the dashboard is empty but I definitely had GA connected. How would it just disappear?!

SG Optimizer (website
    optimisation plugin from my host Siteground) was updated a few days ago. That also
    makes me recall that Siteground were doing some server maintenance in
    recent days. I wonder if that might be the cause?

• Rob Dyer

June 17, 2020 at 4:52 am

Just remembered I updated TTB a couple of days ago – maybe that knocked it out.

• Rob Dyer

June 17, 2020 at 5:02 am

Have re-installed the GA tracking code in the TTB analytics dashboard. Fingers crossed it stays put this time!

• David Risley

Administrator
    June 17, 2020 at 2:37 pm

I see the GA code on your site now. So, you should be good. 🙂

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.