Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Free Google Analytics Plugin for WP

David Risley updated 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Rob Dyer

May 21, 2020 at 7:54 am

Like a lot of folks I was using the free GADWP plugin which turned in Exactmetric a few months ago. Which I don’t like as it’s basically just an advert for their paid version!

All I need is something akin to the previous GADWP overview from within the WP Dashboard – just so I can check the basics without going into GA directly. But I only want a free plugin.

The free version of MonsterInsights looks like a possibility.

What does anyone – inc.you David Risley – (don’t know how to tag you now!) recommend?

Thanks!

Rob

• David Risley

Administrator
    May 21, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Check out Metrics Query. It is a fork of the original GADWP plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/metrics-query/

• Rob Dyer

May 22, 2020 at 8:48 am

Thanks David – I installed it but none of the reports show. I just get an error in the windows. It could be that it hasn’t been updated in 3 months so isn’t compatible with the current version of WP(?).

So I uninstalled it and am trying MonsterInsights instead. It’s not really what I was looking for (your suggestion looked the part) – partly because there’s no ‘instant view’ stats at the top of the Dashboard.

I’ll see how this goes, and perhaps Metrics Query will update and I can give it another try.

• David Risley

Administrator
    May 22, 2020 at 1:43 pm

I’ll need to test it. But, for what it’s worth… I decided not to even worry about putting reports in the dashboard. It’s nice, but it isn’t too difficult to just pull up the Analytics report directly.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.