Questions & Answers Forum

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• HTML vs PDF for Blog subscriptions

Posted by DANIEL GIL on March 26, 2022 at 1:39 pm

I’m planning to create a Blog. I may have a private version of the blog (subscription).

I want to open a discussion about the best format for the Blog (HTML vs. PDF). Most blogs are HTML (with or without video). The Blog Marketing Academy one included.

I know HTML is the best format for SEO purposes. But, private blogs are not indexed by Google, so I wonder if PDF could be a good option.

I looked in the Blog Academy’s Documents Vault, and I saw it includes PDFs. They look nice. I guess they were embedded using the PDF Embedder plugin.

Creating PDF is much easier than adding text and images separately in HTML. All the information is in the same place, and you don’t need to manage lots of images on your website. You can store the PDFs on your site or even in a cloud service.

But still, people don’t use PDFs for private blogs. What’s the reason?

DANIEL GIL replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • DANIEL GIL

March 27, 2022 at 5:09 pm

Thinking about it, I see that pdf would be a problem when reading the posts on mobile.

Let me change my question. I’m also planning to offer online courses using most of the WP plugins you are using (LearnDash, Buddyboss, etc.). In that case, I’m debating if sometimes pdf documents (or even an HTML version) can be a better option or at least a complement to the videos (programming courses, etc.).

Do you offer a pdf version of your courses or only video?

Do you offer an HTML version of your courses like in your blog (video+html transcription)? Is it a reasonable possibility to create an HTML version of the courses as an alternative to PDFs (and as an addition to videos), or it would be too difficult to manage?

I’m in the process of creating the courses but I don’t have much experience building websites. I’d appreciate some advice. Thanks

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.