Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• I’m baaaaaaack!

David Risley updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Jami Hede

October 17, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Hello, everyone! Some people who have been around here for a while may remember me. I was about ready to launch my site a couple of years ago, when I had a series of serious health problems that took me a while to overcome. But I kept paying SiteGround to keep my site up, knowing I would eventually be coming back to it.

Well, now I’m ready to dive into things again. Since I’ve been away for a while, I’m reviewing some of the basic material, just to refresh my memory and see how I want to continue. One of the things that I’ve been pondering is whether or not to modify my target audience. And here is where I could use some advice.

I worked for over 30 years as a speech pathologist. The last half of that time I spent working in long-term care, specializing in the care of persons with dementia. A good part of this involved giving advice and support to caregivers. My original niche was geared toward these wonderful people who give their time and energy to care for family members and friends who are no longer able to care for themselves. This segment of our population is growing by leaps and bounds, and there is a big push right now to keep these people at home.

Now, with the current state of things (the pandemic, and everything related to it), I’ve been considering narrowing my niche to these matters. Hiring an in-home aide takes on a whole new character when one has to consider COVID-19, and how do you get your loved one to understand why she can’t go out for her daily walk, and so on? There’s definitely a market out there for that kind of information.

Bu, here’s my concern. This situation can’t go on for much longer, can it? Would it be better to to refocus my site toward caregiving during the pandemic, or to keep it geared toward all aspects of caregiving, with plenty of articles geared toward the topic? What does everyone think == will this thing go on long enough to keep me busy for a while?

Thanks in advance. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone.

David, you’re still the best!

Jami

• David Risley

Administrator
    October 19, 2020 at 7:40 am

Welcome back. 🙂

My suggestion would be to make anything you do related to COVID be PART of your site, but not the focus. Dementia is a longer-term thing…. COVID is not.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.