Questions & Answers Forum

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Members Only Community

With your free membership, you’ll be able to post questions and replies in the forums.

Home Page Forums Membership Sites & Online Courses Multiple client site creation & maintenance

• Multiple client site creation & maintenance

Posted by Phil Cachero on May 2, 2021 at 10:14 am

I would like to have separate client blogs as part of a paid membership. Nothing fancy but just a place where the member can post blogs viewers of their choice can read and post comments. Some of the articles I’ve read indicate that Multisite is ideal for this model but can be difficult and limiting. Is there a better alternative without getting into a managed service? What things would need to be considered in setting up separate sites? i.e management overhead, additional costs, security.

David Risley replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David Risley

Administrator
    May 3, 2021 at 9:53 am

Could you clarify what you have in mind? I’m not quite understanding this.

You basically want standalone blogs, but with the ability to turn it into a free membership where people need to register to read it?

Why not just set up multiple sites?

• Phil Cachero

May 3, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Thanks for responding David. Yes, I was leaning toward separate sites (instead of multisite) but didn’t know what type of headaches (additional costs, maintenance overhead, etc) that I should be aware of.

Setup will look like this…

Main site<div>

• My blog
    • Forum

Membership site

• Course
    • Member forum

Client sites

• Member 1
    • Member 2
    • etc

Software stack looks like this (Yes, I’ve been paying attention to your posts)

• Thrive Themes (main site)
    • FluentCRM (main site)
    • Learndash (membership site)
    • WPFusion (main site)
    • Thrivecart (main site)
    • Convertbox (main site)
    • BuddyBoss (main and membership site)
    • MainWP (via Cloudways)

Main questions

• Which of these would need additional licenses across the main, membership, and client sites.
    • Sorry, I’m still a little hazy. If I’ve got tags in my CRM on my main site that drive stuff, do I need a FluentCRM “instance” my membership site and all the client sites?

</div>

• David Risley

Administrator
    May 6, 2021 at 6:51 am

Perhaps it would be simpler for you to just have one site. For instance, forums on both main and membership? Buddyboss on both? Why not just one site and use member permissions to control access to the right stuff.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now