Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Page builder?

• Jami Hede

August 12, 2021 at 3:22 pm

Okay, I have been trying, for longer than I care to admit, to find a page builder program that I can use. I cannot seem to get the hang of a drop and drag system; I’ve tried quite a few, some of which I’ve paid for. Is there anything out there that works differently?

• David Risley

Administrator
    August 13, 2021 at 10:19 am

Well, what are you trying to find? The idea of drag and drop visual builder is pretty much what everybody wants. Your alternative is to hand-code it. So, not even sure what you’d be looking for if it wasn’t drag and drop.

• Jami Hede

August 13, 2021 at 5:29 pm

I really don’t know what I’m looking for. I know that I can’t seem to get the drag and drop programs to work for me. Maybe I should play with some templates and see if that helps.

• Will Bree

September 22, 2021 at 12:56 pm

This is quite a late reply, (and my first one) but I’ve been in a similar (if not the same) boat, and I thought it might be helpful.

In my journey to get a working site up, I’ve actually had to go through four separate page builders to find what I needed. And that’s often left me feeling rather as though I were banging my head against a blunt object as I started more or less from scratch.

What I’ve found works quite well (You may have already tried this) is to search for youtube videos of people building sites with those pages.

If for example you’re using Thrive Themes, there are several excellent videos on “How to build a high converting website in about an hour” from the company itself.

It won’t teach you everything, or how to do what you’re specifically struggling with – but I’ve found it’s very helpful to see someone actually dragging and dropping and using the thing. You can even follow along on your own site or staging ground to get a sense of how it works.

It’s much more intuitive than any tutorial.

All my best wishes,

Will

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.