Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• The Pre-Sell

David Risley updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • Jonathan Rice

October 4, 2020 at 8:28 am

Hi David,

Just getting my head around the pre-sell idea – are there any particular market or product type where pre-sell is not possible? Or would you say there’s always a way?

I suppose that almost always, an online business will be providing the transformation with some form of informational product as in the example you provide, but perhaps there could be markets where this isn’t the case? I don’t know..

Thanks,

Jonathan.

• David Risley

Administrator
    October 5, 2020 at 8:37 am

There’s always a way. There’s nothing particularly weird about a pre-sell and you see it all the time in all kinds of industries.

– Selling tickets in advance of a show

– Buying tickets for a cruise months before the cruise happens

– People putting money down to buy a Tesla years before they’ll ever be able to finalize it

See what I mean?

Pre-sells happen all the time. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that doing it online somehow makes it different.

• Brian L.

October 8, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Hi David Risley,

I would like to know more about the

Pre-sell, please.

What is exactly involved to create a successful pre-sell?

• David Risley

Administrator
    October 12, 2020 at 8:44 am

The mechanics of doing a pre-sell are pretty simple. But, how successful it will be – as always – depends on product/market fit. You ultimately have to be offering something they really want. 🙂 But, that’s the beauty of a pre-sell is that you can test out offers in order to find out what they really want… without the hassle of having to create it first and potentially wasting your time.

I find people often over-complicate the idea of a pre-sale, though. It’s pretty simple. Create an offer. Say when it will begin. Works best for courses that will be released on a schedule, or live classes. And you’re selling early access, usually with a nice discount and/or bonus package.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.