Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

Tagged: 

• What do I realistically need to spend on FB Ads in Phase 2?

• James Granahan

June 13, 2020 at 5:46 am

Hi everyone,

I’ve going through all of the training in Phase 1 of the roadmap and most of phase 2 as well. But I keep hitting the same roadblock… FB ads.

I’m 100% on board with what David says about paying to speed up traffic instead of waiting for organic traffic to arrive. And I’m willing to spend.

What I’m not so clear on is how much I realistically need to be spend in order to get useful data. Are we talking $100 or $500?

I know that CPL is going to vary hugely by industry and that makes this a hard question to answer.

But right now I feel paralysed, afraid of spending too much or too little.

• If I don’t spend enough, maybe I never find out that my lead magnet worked. because I just didn’t give it enough traffic.
    • On the other hand, I’m naturally wary of blowing $400 or $500 without having some level of confidence that I will at least learn what I need from the experience (for better or worse) to move my business forward.

I realise the answer to this is probably not simple. There’s probably no right dollar amount. But I’d realise appreciate any advice you have for approaching this step so I can at least feel confident that I’m going to learn what I need to learn from it.

I know many of you will have been through this step before and I’d really appreciate your input! @David I’d also love to hear your thoughts on this!

• David Risley

Administrator
    June 15, 2020 at 9:51 am

Yeah, as you expected, it is a hard (if not impossible) question to answer. 🙂

But, you can just go into it gradually. Set something up with a daily budget cap and see what happens. Worse case… you turn it off after a few days. Every time you run anything, you learn something.

And, while it takes longer, you can also put in the work to more purposely raise your organic traffic rather than just waiting for it. Guest posts, interviews on podcasts, using ads to point to blog content rather than just a landing page, etc.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.