Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• When to create front end offers

Daniel Fresquez updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Ricardom Vasquez

September 23, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Hey David,

in the roadmap you suggest building your lead magnet and running paid traffic to it prior to creating an offer.

I was wondering, isn’t it good to build out the front end offer before running paid ads to offset the cost of traffic? Because, what if you’re on a tight budget and can’t afford to build your list without at least breaking even or close to it?

Thanks

• David Risley

Administrator
    September 26, 2020 at 7:59 am

Sure, if you can do that, by all means. I just like to avoid people getting stuck in a cycle of endless preparation. Testing something as fast as possible is usually better.

• Daniel Fresquez

October 10, 2020 at 11:37 am

Since you want to start selling immediately, do a bit of market research on social platforms or Buzzfeed to make an educated guess on what problems or opportunities exist in your market right now. You must get a feel for the current market. David puts market research above crafting your lead magnet in the Online Business Roadmap.

I’m guilty of getting ahead a little in David’s road map because my timeline is shorter (or maybe not), and I want to make up for lack of time and resources by putting in some additional effort.

In the product roadmap, David suggests performing 3-5 Customer Avatar interviews to validate your list building effectiveness and achieve a product/market fit before building your paid product.

I think the roadmap puts achieving a product/market fit above crafting a paid offer because it often takes a lot of time to craft a market satisfying paid offer, and more importantly, deliver it predictably.

You can save yourself a lot of time and headaches by creating a buyer persona and a hypothetical buyer’s journey so you can see how your lead magnet and paid product will work together in your marketing.

Then, like David said, stop preparing, because you need to test it, but for your own sake, do your 3-5 client avatar interviews and start tweaking your offers immediately after you make your first few conversions.

We got ahead a little in David’s road map, after all, so you need to go back right away and achieve a better product/market fit before you continue with the rest of the roadmap.

Also, since the goal here is to get paid right away, I’d recommend crafting your lead magnet to attract people in the consideration phase of your buyer’s journey. These people already know that they have a problem, and they’re considering you as a solution because you’ve positioned yourself this way.

A word of caution though, marketing to people in the consideration phase is a short-term strategy that can get you paid soon if you have some direct selling skills. A long-term strategy is to build out most of your lead magnets to attract people in the awareness phase, when they’re learning about their problem, then nurture them with content over time until they’re ready to consider you as a solution.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.