Academy Member Community

Get technical questions answered... or help with your business strategy. Your call. :)

Academy Member Community

Get informed answers to your Wordpress questions – right here in the Academy member community. One of the benefits of your free membership.

Already a member? Sign In.

• Wordpress vs Webflow

• Phil Hampton

June 24, 2020 at 12:26 pm

I’m talking to a local designer about redesignning my animation company website, and he says he uses a cloud-based web designer called Webflow. I’d never heard of it before, but the designer says that it’s apparently a lot more powerful than the likes of Squarespace and Wix, and easier to get professional-looking sites built than WordPress.

I’ve also seen this article which gives it a good review, but says it’s no good for ecommerce sites yet – https://thedigitalmerchant.com/website/webflow-vs-wordpress/

Has anyone heard of Webflow before and would you recommend it over WordPress for a non-ecommerce site? There may be the issue of not owning the ‘land’ on which the site is built.

• David Risley

Administrator
    June 25, 2020 at 9:08 am

I had never heard of it. And that review might be a wee bit biased because it is using an affiliate link to recommend Webflow. Honestly, I don’t recommend anything except WordPress. It runs a significant chunk of the web for a reason. And WordPress is not difficult to use. Webflow seems like yet another proprietary, paid platform and I steer clear of such things.

• Phil Hampton

June 25, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Thanks David!

• Piter Hickman

August 6, 2020 at 11:49 am

You can turn to http://belvg.biz/ to solve this problem.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Create Your FREE Account!

Join and participate in the community, access exclusive resources in the Document Vault, and get a free subscription to THE EDGE.

Your membership is free for life.