You’re 2021 predictions post
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by Jeremy Morris.
January 4, 2021 at 8:02 pm #3524984
Great post. I wanted to comment but didn’t have the option to do it at the time of reading it.
So, a few questions;
1. Apple has announced huge changes to their privacy settings and from my understanding advertisers (myself) won’t be able to reach them using methods like retargeting among other thing.
2. What’s your plan for the future if it becomes harder to target people how we’ve become accustomed to? Seems like paid traffic will be much harder.
3. Do you see a business model shift happening for yourself?
Just wondering what sort of pivots you might be making and what we should begin preparing for.
January 4, 2021 at 8:02 pm #3525004
Paid traffic isn’t going anywhere. It is just going to change so as to give more power to the end user. And I expect some new methods to become more mainstream that will still enable this kind of advertising, while respecting user privacy. Browser cookies were too “wild wild west”.
Retargeting is basically a way to rope people back in who didn’t convert the first time. And yeah, not having it there the same way is going to place more weight on the need for having an offer that converts. And for getting people on your list so you can reach them on your own without relying on third-party data.
No, I don’t see any business model shift on my part as a result of any of that. Honestly, I don’t do a lot of paid traffic right now.
January 4, 2021 at 8:02 pm #3525008
Makes sense. Would be cool to see you create a course on “free” traffic methods you’re using but moreso for people getting started in their niche.
Personally I love paid traffic but with those changes, its seems like some major adjustments will need to be made.
January 4, 2021 at 8:02 pm #3525085
I agree! I think free traffic / audience growth ideas would be a great training. You could also just create a community thread where all of the members can chime in and talk about what is or isn’t working for them to get traffic. Crowd source. Maybe do both.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.