Many people come to this site in order to improve their blogs and, ultimately, monetize. But, I've made no secret of the fact that...
A blog doesn't make any money at all. A BUSINESS is what makes money.
What most people do (mistakenly) is simply launch into their blog without any thought whatsoever of where they intend to take it. Perhaps they have some vague ideas - or hopes. But, nothing with any specifics. And very rarely have they thought about any of what can ultimately result in having an actual business.
And so... they build a blog which has little to no real prospects. No path forward other than just churning out content with little to no recognition for the effort.
You Need A Business Plan. But, Not The Boring Kind.
Most of the time, when you hear the phrase "business plan", it is some dry, boring document full of guesswork that you might give to a bank for a loan or something.
Those are useless. A total waste of time.
Instead, what we do is create something called the lean canvas. It is a concept coming originally from the Business Model Canvas, as outlined by Ash Maurya discussed in his book Lean Startup. (great book, BTW).
And by all means, feel free to go out and research the lean canvas on your own. You can even find templates and go to town on your own.
However, I found that many of my students found it helpful to go through this exercise in a way which is far more specific to online businesses, solopreneurs and bloggers.
A Simple Walkthrough And Process For Focusing On The Core Business
The One Page Online Business Plan was created so that I could personally walk my students through every single section of the Lean Canvas.
We focus right on the problem you are solving... and your proposed solution. We focus on how you will find your prospects... and who they might be. We'll talk about your positioning and, ultimately, what will form the very foundation of your branding.
The idea is to take a bird's eye view of what you intend to build to set forth the strategy. Because building something without a strategy is simply a recipe for wasted time and effort.
This business plan sets the stage for incremental tests and decisions that allow you to build your business in stages, without a lot of risked time and capital.
And it gives a lot of clarity - especially in the beginning phases of your online business.
You Will Discover...
- The business basics that almost all bloggers never thought about before starting (and why they have a hard time now)
- What the success of your business ultimately is based on.
- The exact mechanics of "product/market fit" and how it maps directly to your lean canvas
- How to go about making good "educated guesses" about things on your lean canvas
- A simple system to help you laser in on the exact problem your market wants you to solve for them
- How to approach figuring out who your target customer is
- Direct and focused advice on how to determine your best unique selling proposition
- How to map your value proposition and "high level concept" into the perfect marketing hook for your business
- How to map this into a 4-point branding plan... which will ultimately shape the very design of your site.
- How to go about determining the perfect solution your customers will want to buy
- How to define your preliminary price and cost structure
- How to determine the correct key performance indicators (KPIs) for your business so that you can manage by the numbers and eliminate the guesswork
- How to determine your "unfair advantage"... even if you feel as if you don't have one.
- How to put your plan into motion
And don't forget that, at the end of this course, you will have the opportunity to submit your lean canvas directly to David for direct, personal and private feedback on YOUR business plan. While he can't tell you whether it will work or not (nobody would know that), he can point out any red flags based on his experience.
All Our Courses Include...
Short on time? No problem. All video lessons can be watched at 1.25x, 1.5x or 2x the normal speed.
Every lesson in our courses are optimized for all devices. Watch it anytime, anywhere on your terms.
No overwhelming 1 hour lessons. Video lessons are broken up into digestible chunks so you can work it into your life.
Learn On The Go
All our courses are transcribed and accompanied by audio versions. Learn your way - and on the go.
Support is handled in-house, and David will personally answer student questions. Send in a question and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Money Back Guarantee
Try any course for a full 30 days. If you don't completely dig it, send an email to our support and we'll promptly refund your purchase.
Ready To Create A Plan For Your Business That's Actually Useful?
The enrollment fee for non-members is just $49.
This includes lifetime access and all future updates to the course.