Today’s plug-in was one that, when I found it… I was excited. This was something I was wanting to do on this blog, but thought I would need to manually code it. But, alas… there was no need.
This is Day 16 of the 30 Days, 30 Killer WordPress Plug-ins Series.
There are a number of good uses for a good link redirection plug-in, such as:
- Turn your affiliate links into cleaner links that can actually be remembered, or typed into emails without looking long and nasty.
- Track your links, so you can see how many click-throughs you’re getting.
- Create short links which are easier to spread via word of mouth (such as on a podcast).
If you’re looking for a way to create nice, clean link redirects from your WordPress blog, look no further than Pretty Link.
In the past, I have recommended MaxBlogPress Ninja affiliate in order to do this. That plug-in is still workable, however I no longer recommend it to my readers for the following reasons:
- It isn’t easy to keep up to date because it isn’t part of the plug-in repository and they don’t have auto-updates enabled.
- It seems to conflict with other plug-ins from time to time. Most relevant to me is that it conflicts with the Magic Action Box plug-in. The WYSIWYG editors on that plug-in fail to work whenever Ninja Affiliate is enabled.
- Other options exist which don’t cost anything, and I’m not going to recommend a paid plug-in if I don’t have to.
Pretty Link Lite is what I recommend for most of my readers now. It will allow you to set up nice clean redirect links and it does a very fine job of it.
Now, the “Lite” label obviously lends itself to the fact that there is another version – and there is. There is a paid “Pro” version. I don’t use it personally, but it does look pretty nice if you need the additional features. Click here for a feature comparison between the free and paid versions.
Keep up with the latest in this 30-day series by staying connected!
- Follow me on Twitter
- Connect on Facebook – my personal profile or my public one
- Connect on Google+
- Subscribe via RSS
You can enter your email below and I’ll keep you in the loop….
[contentblock id=11 img=optin.png]