It is common advice to hear… that the first priority of your blog is to build your email list. Cool… we got it. But, what is the SECOND priority? What is the one that so many people seem to forget about? It has everything to do with higher conversion rates and a more effective blog marketing strategy overall. Listen and find out.
It is common advice to hear… that the first priority of your blog is to build your email list. Cool… we got it. But, what is the SECOND priority?
What is the one that so many people seem to forget about? It has everything to do with higher conversion rates and a more effective blog marketing strategy overall.
It is email list segmentation.
In episode 17, you’ll learn about…
- The most effective way to get new email subscribers
- Why emailing your whole list every time is… well, rather dumb.
- Ways to segment your list.
- How to actually go about segmenting your list
- Some of the powerful marketing ideas you can implement using list segmentation.
- How your blog is really an extremely powerful tool for segmenting your subscribers.
Also mentioned in this episode was one of my past posts: The Essential Guide To How To Build Your Email List [The List Building Formula].
How To Segment Your List
I know that going over anything technical in the form of a podcast is damn near impossible. So, I want to point you in the right direction here on the show notes post.
If you’re using Aweber for your email (sign up for a $1 trial here), then here are two links to help you:
- How Do I Create A Segment?
- What is Ad Tracking? (this is one of the best ways to segment your list with Aweber)
If you’re on Mailchimp, check out this article on how to create segments and groups.
To get some behind-the-scenes insight into my own personal switch from Aweber to Office AutoPilot, check out:
- Switching to Office AutoPilot (Ontraport). What You Need To Know.
- Why I Switched Away From Aweber After Years of Awesome Service (this is actually episode #12 of The Blog Program)
- How I Use Office Autopilot (Ontraport) To Magnify My Blog’s Marketing Power
To be clear, I’m not recommending that most of my readers jump over to Office AutoPilot. It is an expensive system and your business has to be at a certain level to justify the expense. For most of my readers who are just starting out, I think Aweber is a better fit.
Subscribe And Share
Lastly, I’d truly appreciate it if you take a moment to subscribe to the show in iTunes and rate/review it inside of iTunes. It’d really help me out. 🙂 Here’s how you can do it:
- Open up iTunes.
- Search for “the blog program” podcast.
- When you’re ready, give the show a star rating and write a short review.
Thanks for listening!
To get automatic updates of this show to your mobile device, you can subscribe here: