Sometimes it is valuable to step back and look at the big picture. And in this episode of The Blog Program, that’s exactly what we’re doing when it comes to the state of blogging.
See, if you stay in a bubble, then you’ll just keep on doing things the same old way. And if the world is changing around you, you won’t keep up.
I know this more than most. Not only have I been doing this long enough to see just how much things have changed… but I also know what it is like to stay in a bubble and not adjust to change. I got sorta good at that last year. 😉
In this episode, we step back and look at the trends – and what they mean for us as content creators. I talk about:
- How Google’s search changes have affected the world of blogging.
- Why old-school link building is dead.
- Why sticking to written blogging only is a loser’s proposition.
- What its going to take to stand out in the noise.
- How we’re moving into a “pay to play” environment, and what this means about building your OWN platform.
- Why email delivery rates have fallen, and what you need to do about it.
Download The Report
The material in this episode is a preview of my latest FREE report… the State of Blog Marketing in 2014.
In order to take the ideas in this podcast and expand upon it into some more actionable information, I would encourage you to grab your copy of this report.
You’ll grab it in simple PDF format, so you can check it out on any device you want, including Kindle, tablet, phone, or your computer.
Some stories on other sites which talk about various upcoming trends in content marketing:
- The Future of Content: Upcoming Trends in 2014
- How to Future-Proof Your Blogging for 2014 And Beyond
- Blogs Outrank Social Networks For Consumer Influence: New Research
- Technorati Media, 2013 Digital Influence Report
- 5 Ways Content Marketing Must Change in 2014
- The Future of Content Marketing: Trends and Predictions for 2014
Lastly, I’d truly appreciate it if you take a moment to subscribe to the show in iTunes and rate/review it inside of iTunes. It’d really help me out. 🙂 Here’s how you can do it:
- Open up iTunes.
- Search for “the blog program” podcast.
- When you’re ready, give the show a star rating and write a short review.
Thanks for listening!
To get automatic updates of this show to your mobile device, you can subscribe here: