Your privacy is important to us. At Blog Marketing Academy, we have a few fundamental principles regarding your privacy:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for an on-going operation of our site.
PC Media, Inc. is the parent company of the Blog Marketing Academy. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we collect while operating this website.
Information We Collect And Receive
When any visitor (and that includes you) visits our website, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available. This includes things such as your browser type, language preference, type of computer, etc. This data is collected in aggregate for the purpose of understanding how visitors interact with and use this website. From time to time, we may publish parts of this information in aggregate as part of reporting on trends in the usage of this website.
We also collect potentially personally-identifiable information like your IP address for logged-in users, when filling out a form, or when making a blog comment. These IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of this website, but the data is only disclosed under the same circumstances that we use for personally-identifiable information as described below.
Certain visitors to this website choose to interact with us in ways that require the Blog Marketing Academy to gather personal data. The amount and type of information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if the visitor chooses to receive email updates, we'll ask for their email address. For example, those who choose to purchase a course or membership, we ask for personal information such as name, email address, credit card information and password for the account. When paid customers are logged into their accounts on this website, our system tracks the pages they visit, their IP address, and the date and time. In each case, Blog Marketing Academy collects only the information that is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with us. Blog Marketing Academy does not disclose personal data other than described below. Furthermore, visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on this website.
How We Use Data Collected
We use this data in order to effectively further our legitimate interests in operating our services. More specifically…
- We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience on our site and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in.
- We use your contact information to communicate with you by responding to requests, comments and questions. We may also send you other administrative emails, messages and other communications related to any services you have purchased.
- We will use your email address to send you marketing and promotional emails when permission has been granted for that.
- We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes.
- If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To investigate or prevent security issues and abuse of our service.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so as no longer to be reasonably associated with an identifiable natural person, Blog Marketing Academy may use it for business purposes. To the extent information is associated with an identifiable natural person and is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law, it is referred to in this policy as “personal data”.
We take security of your data very seriously. We take all reasonable action to protect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes:
- Employing 256-bit secure protocol (SSL) across our entire site so that all interactions with our website are secure.
- Restricting access to personal information to Blog Marketing Academy employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Not storing sensitive data (such as credit card information) on our servers, but instead relying on trusted third parties to secure this data.
- Doing due diligence with third party providers (see Disclosure to Third Parties below) to ensure they have a secure environment.
Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Blog Marketing Academy cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Blog Marketing Academy will retain user data as spelled out here unless otherwise requested by the customer.
- Aggregate data not personally identifiable is retained in logs.
- Customer log files on our website (when logged into their membership) is retained for a period of 30 days then deleted.
- Email subscriber information is retained even after you choose to unsubscribe. Unsubscribed emails are deleted in batches roughly ever 60/90 days.
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
This section describes how information is disclosed to third parties.
- We never rent or sell customer information or email subscriber information to any third parties.
- Members may interact with each other in live chat or via our community forums and members are responsible for any data they themselves disclose in these environments.
- We engage third party companies and service providers in order to fulfill infrastructure functions of our business and information may be shared with these companies only to the extent necessary to perform the service they were hired to do. Additional information on the service providers used is found below.
- If required by applicable law, regulation or legal process, we may disclose information.
- If necessary to enforce security, enforce an agreement, prevent fraud or theft, we may disclose information to third parties.
- We may share your information with other third parties only with your consent.
- Drip Email Marketing. Provider of our email list hosting and email marketing services.
- Cloudways & Vultr. Web hosting service.
- Stripe. Credit card processor.
- Paypal. Third party payment processor.
- Amazon. Cloud service provider.
- Google. Analytics provider, cloud-based email provider.
We make use of browser cookies to perform certain functions. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to our website using the same computer and web browser.
BlogMarketingAcademy.com will set it's own cookies for the purposes of security, member authentication, member activity and analytics. We also use third party cookies so that those services can operate as designed. This would include Drip Email Marketing, Google Analytics and other service providers as specified above.
Your Data Rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain legal rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to information, as well as to seek to update or delete this information. You can usually do this using your account settings provided inside your Member account. If you have any difficulty using these tools, contact us for additional assistance.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you. You can out-out from our marketing lists by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you opt out, your data is not automatically deleted and is retained for a period, according to our data retention policies.
To the extend prohibited by applicable law, Blog Marketing Academy does not allow use of our services and website by anyone younger than 16 years old. No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside BlogMarketingAcademy.com. No part of BlogMarketingAcademy.coms web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 16. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
If PC Media, Inc. (the parent company of Blog Marketing Academy) was acquired, or in the unlikely event that PC Media, Inc. goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of PC Media, Inc. may continue to use your personal data as set forth in this policy.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with the Data Protection Officer, email email@example.com.